Sunday, March 16, 2008

Jenny's Travel tips

These are my personal travel tips:
  • Bring band-aids. You may not need them but you can almost gaurentee that a 2am someones gonna need one.
  • Nail clippers and q tips- So many uses. So useful. Nail clippers also funtion as siszors in a pinch
  • If your doing the metro thing, Get a pass. I relized its much cheaper to buy a weekly pass ($30 in Washigton DC) then paying $5 for four or so rides.
  • Remember public transportation is your freind (Re: Cheap)
  • Don't waste time you dont have writing in your journal. If you like to write go ahead but if not fallow my tips below:
  • Jot down all the places you went. If your keeping track of anything else jot down a quick note of these items (for me it was metro stops, I wanted to hit them all) write down any funny antidotes. CHECK people off your souveneir list
  • Souvineer list: BEFORE you go: write down everyone you want to get a gift for. Next write down there shirt size, shoe size, favortie colors, favorite critters, things like that. Allergies are also good to jot down. Do this in a little notebook and carry it with you at all times when your on vacation. Check off people as you get them things (may also help to write in the margin what you bought them (especally if you want to spend X dollars)
  • Memories: Use postcards, If your not a journal writer buy a postcard or two daily. Put the date on them then write down what you did that day in detail. This is a very cool way to have a photo and word in one. Also easy to store and share. Fun for the kids
  • Film- Gosh, dont forget film. Its horibally expensive in tourist areas( $10 for 3 rolls in D.C, 7 for a single roll in Disney land)
  • Batteries are also expensive! Remember this!

Now A Question for youl:

What do you do with vacation photos? Leave me a comment and I will share the best on my blog latter this week!
Also What else would you like to see on here? More tips? Pictures? Photography tips? More website reviews?

Any topics you would like to see me talk about? If so leave me a note. Keep it clean this is a family style blog, my sisters read this!

No comments: